M.A. English - Kashmir Student | 24 Hour Education Service - JKBOSE, Kashmir University, IUST, BGSBU

Latest

Saturday, January 1, 2011

M.A. English

Syllabus prescribed for Entrance Test in English (2012-2013)

Unit I
Novel I:
1) Animal Farm
2) A Tale of Two Cities

Unit II
Novel II:
1) Jane Eyre
2) Through the Looking Glass

Unit III
Novel III
1) The Old Man and the Sea
2) A Passage to India
3) The Painter of Signs

Unit IV
Poetry I:
Prescribed Poems from Integrated General English Course-I, II and III

Unit V
Poetry II:
Prescribed Poems for English Literature-TDC Part I

Unit VI
Poetry III:
Prescribed Poems for English Literature-TDC Part II

Unit VII
Drama I:
1) Arms and the Man
2) Othello

Unit VIII
Drama II:
1) A Good Woman of Schezwan
2) Julius Ceasar

Unit IX
Drama III:
1) Death of a Salesman
2) Midsummer Night’s Dream

Unit X
Essay I:
1) “Spoken English”
2) “Playing the English Gentleman”
3) “The Power of Prayer”
4) “The Elixir of Life”
5) “The Ethics of Power”
6) “Humanities and Science”

(As prescribed in General English Textbooks)

Unit XI
Essays II:
1) “Freedom of Democracy”
2) “The Environment”
3) “My Duty to My Neighbour”
4) “The Ladies have Feelings, So…….Shall We”
5) “On The Abolition of the English Department”
6) “The Politics of Failure”

(As prescribed in General English Textbooks)

Unit XII
Biographies:
As prescribed in TDC Part I General English

Unit XIII
Short Stories:
As prescribed in TDC Part I & II General English

Unit XIV
History of English Literature and Literary Terms and Concepts:
As prescribed in the undergraduate syllabus

Unit XV
Vocabulary:
Homonyms; Idioms and Phrases; Phonemic Spelling; Stress and Intonation 
Loading...